We Use "Who We Know" to Get Candidates Hired even if there are "No Openings"!

One of our success stories at Harrington & Reed involves a very talented young woman who moved to Las Vegas from New York with a strong background in publishing. After one meeting with me in my office, I picked up the phone and called the V.P of Human Resources of the largest private publishing firm in Las Vegas. After describing the young woman's credentials, communication skills and sharing my own very positive impressions of her, the hiring V.P. said, "I'm sorry Chris, but we currently have no openings right now at that level".

My response, as usual, was, "I'm not talking about openings, I'm talking about an individual who can bring significant value to the table and have a strategic positive revenue impact on your firm.... IF YOU MEET HER, YOU WILL HIRE HER." That was enough to arouse the V.P.'s curiousity, and since she trusted my judgment, she agreed to meet with the candidate. That V.P. knows Harrington & Reed only works with the Top 1% of all management candidates, the caliber of which is clearly evident in the NETVYOU candidate videos on our website, www.harringtonreed.com.

Long story short: The candidate was hired by the President of their Media Group as Director of Custom Publications three weeks later. She called me six months ago with the wonderful news that she had been promoted to Vice President of Business Development for the entire Media Group of six publications. "Chris, I couldn't have done it without your inside contact and bold endorsement of me when it counted most. You opened the door to my future here.", she said. I thanked her for her kind remark.

We hear a lot of that, I'm proud to say. When people ask me what Harrington & Reed does, I relate that and similar stories....one way or another, we get top candidates the visibility they need with top recruiters and employers, so they can advance their careers. And we are very good at it, as anyone who knows us will attest.

"Harrington & Reed has developed new tools, techniques, and technologies for getting management-level candidates hired which are truly innovative and effective."...Frank Del Toro, Director of Facilities, Nevada Power Corporation